At ASU, the School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning provides an opportunity for study in several areas: Cultural Geography, including Population and Migration, Environmental and Landscape Dynamics, Geographic Information Science and Technology, Meteorology and Climatology, Urban and Regional Geography, and Urban Planning.
Our majors may choose from several programs, earning a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education in Geography, or a Bachelor of Science in Planning. Students may also earn a Bachelor of Science with a concentration in meteorology/climatology or urban planning, or a certificate in Geographic Information Science (GIS).
The Arizona State University School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning offers students a rich, broad exposure to the wide range of theoretical domains and methods that characterize current research in geography and planning.
Graduate degrees offered include:
- M.A. and Ph.D. in Geography
- Masters of Urban and Environmental Planning (M.U.E.P.)
- Masters of Advanced Study (M.A.S.) in Geographic Education
- Masters of Advanced Study (M.A.S.) in Geographic Information Systems
Certificate programs include:
- Atmospheric Science Certificate
- Geographical Information Science Certificate
- Certificate Program in Transportation Systems
Source: Department Website July 2010